1 – Definition of cookie
A cookie is a text file that a web server stores on a dedicated space of the hard disk of your device (e.g. computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) when you visit the online site www.resoft.it through your browser, and it may require your consent. The cookie allows the browser to track the device where the cookie is stored throughout the period of validity or registration of the cookie.
When you visit the site www.resoft.it, , any browsing information received by your device might be stored on cookies installed on that device. No consent is required when using technical cookies only (navigation, analytics and function cookies). You can modify the cookie settings at any time.
Further details on how to handle the settings for cookies are provided below.
Cookies facilitates navigation from page to page of the website and they track and measure how you use services, in order to optimise your browsing experience and services.
2 – Types of cookies used
When connecting to our site, unless your consent, various cookies may be installed on the user’s device in order to recognize the device used by the user for the duration of the validity period of cookies.
• compile statistics, monitor traffic volume and measure the use of various sections of the site (eg. titles and content views, click streams), in order to improve the efficiency and usability of Resoft services;
• compute the total number of advertisements shown in the relative advertising spaces, identify them and the number of their views, find the number of users who click on each of them, and, when possible, the subsequent actions taken by users on these pages order to calculate the compensation due to business partners (eg. communication and advertising agencies, web sites, etc.), for the purpose of statistical analysis;
• customize the presentation of the site to the user’s device display settings (language, screen resolution, operating system, etc.) during the visit of the same, based on hardware, software, video software for this device;
• customize advertising space to the user’s device display settings (language, screen resolution, operating system, etc.), based on the hardware, software, video of the device software;
• if the user has provided personal information, including contact details, and has chosen to accept cookies when he registers or gest access to services, navigation data acquired through the cookies may be linked to the user’s personal data, to the purpose of advertising materials, or to show customized advertising on the user’s device in the advertising spaces that use our cookies. These are advertising messages specifically destined for the user that may perosnallu be of his interest;
• store of the information in the forms filled on the Website and the information about certain products or services selected through the Website (eg. services which the user is registered, the cart contents, etc.);
• allow access to restrictes and or personalized areas, eg. the account, consentire l’accesso ad aree riservate e personalizzate, ad es. l’account, based on usernames, passwords and other data that the user has previously given access to Resoft;
• implement security measures (for example, to allow registered user idenfitication on the occasion of subsequent visits after a certain period of time, by means of request to re-issue the log-in).
3 – Cookies associated with third-party applications integrated in our website
Resoft may include third-party software applications on our website which allow you to share the content of the site with other people or to inform them about the pages you visited or your opinion about our website’s content. This is notably the case with the “Share” and “Like” buttons from social networks such as “Facebook”, “Twitter”, “LinkedIn “, “Viadeo”, etc. The social networks that provide these button applications may use the button to identify you, even if you have not actually used the button during your visit to our website. This type of button application may allow the social network concerned to track your browsing on our website, if your social network account was activated on your device (open session) when you browsed our website. Resoft has no control over the processes used by social networks to collect data about your visits to our website, or over any related Personal Data they may have. We invite you to read the social networks’ Privacy policies in order to understand what the browsing data they collect via application buttons may be used for, particularly as regards advertising. The social networks’ Privacy policies must allow you to exercise your personal choices, notably through your account settings for each network.
4 – Options regarding cookies
4.1 – Choices concerning cookies
You can configure your browser to store cookies on your device or to refuse them, either systematically or depending on the issuer. You can also configure your browser software so that you can choose whether cookies are either accepted or refused every time a website tries to store a cookie on your device. For more informations, please read at subsection c) “How to choose your settings according to the browser you use”.
(a) Accepting Cookies
The storage of cookies on a device essentially depends on the user’s choice. Users can express or modify their choice of settings at any moment and free of charge using the settings provided by the browser software. If you configure your browser software to accept cookies on your device, the cookies incorporated in the pages and content that you have consulted can be temporarily stored in a dedicated space on your device. They can only be read by the issuer.
(b) Refusing Cookies
If you refuse to store a cookie on your device, or if you delete the ones that are installed, a number of functions that are necessary for browsing certain areas of our website will no longer be available, for example access to services or content that require your login. This is also the case if, for technical accounting purposes, we – or our service providers – cannot recognise the type of browser used by your device, its language and display settings or the country from which your device connects to the internet. Resoft disclaims all liability for any reduced operation of our services due to the fact that we were unable to store or consult the cookies required for their proper operation, since you refused or deleted them.
(c) How to choose your settings according to the browser you use
Each browser has a different configuration for managing cookies and settings. This is described in the Help menu of your browser. It explains how you can change your cookie settings.
Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies,
Flash”© cookies from “Adobe Flash Player”™
“Adobe Flash Player”™ is a computer application which allows a rapid development of dynamic content using the Flash computer language. Flash (and related applications) uses a technology similar to cookies to remember the settings, preferences and ways of using this content. However, “Adobe Flash Player”™ manages this information and your preferences via a different interface than your browser.
If your device is likely to view flash content, we suggest you access your Flash cookie management tools directly through the Flash website: http://www.adobe.com.
5 – Sharing device usage with other people
If the device is used by more people, or if the same device has multiple browsers, it is not possble to be certain that the services and advertisements that appear on the user’s device match to the use of the device in question from the user or to thatperformed by others.
If this is the case, the sharing of the device and the browser configurations reagrding cookies are a choice of the user will take place under the responsibility of the latter.